day 2 amm. 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
Wow amm. is going true the roof changed everything to the 29g did some testing today and ended up with amm. 8

RO/DO water
45 Lb of live rock
2" deep sand bed carib sea arag

other waterparameters so far are Phospate 0 - PH 8.2 - Nitrate 0 - Temp 78 still have to test calcium and KH

Kaboke

must have a lot of die off from the LR.. where id you get it...
just take thing slow and it will be cycled in no time.
IMO you don't really need to test anything other then amm, nitrite and nitrates while cycling. ph is ok also.
Save your test kits for when you need them after the cycle.
I would not us any additives during the cycle, just let her rip and wait for it to finish.
Don't get me wrong, its great that your testing and its a good habit to get into after the cycle.

got my LR from drfoster and smith thats a good place I think I got nothing else in there so I,m just gone let it do its thing for now

kaboke

I believe he is cycling his tank and curing the rock at the same time. He`ll be OK.

Hey Melosu58 The he is a she hahahahaha
And yes I'm cycling and curing at the same time So I,m just gone let it do its thing

Kaboke

Dr Fosters and Smiths curing guide. If you dont already have it since you bought it from them hehe

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=59

Was thinking of doing the same thing as you are. cure n cycle at same time.

How did the LR look?.. was it kinda bland, lots of color, size's, etc.

Debateing what i want to do for live rock. a LFS has wet base live rock for $4.00 a lbs.

I really need to get this going hehe.. Have to paint, put in new outlet etc.
It will get done thou =)

its the first time that I saw Lr but to me it looked awsome it had alot of purple color I bought the Fiji 45 Lb packet and it came with to big pieces and a few smaller it made it ease to create the look I wanted

Looks very nice. Yes if you are starting your new tank then it is best to go ahead and cure your LR while you cycle. The doctors have some wonderful LR.

Madhatter, 4.00 a lb is a pretty good price for LR. Do you know where he got it from? I have over 200 lbs at 8.99 a lb in my 125 reef right now so you have a real good deal there.

its at Havaheart pet store.. its just wet base live rock. nothing spectacular. They dont keep a lot on hand. Their regular LR is 8.99 a lbs.

Around the Milwaukee area LR runs 6.99 to 13.99 a lbs. I've not see what the 6.99 stuff looks like. I've yet to hit that FS.

Base wet LR runs 4.00 on up but not alot of places have it.

OH OK you are saying it is base rock OK I misunderstood. Some of that will be OK but you`ll need some real LR to seed it.

Back
Top Bottom