Dead fish, coral dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any noticeable wounds such as torn/missing fins on the dead damsels? Generally mixing damsels isn't a good idea, and I would suspect foul play as a cause of death.

They did seem pretty tore up for being dead such a short time but one was sucked to a powerhead, the other was being "cleaned" by my banded shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Well I wouldn't think a shrimp would do that much damage to a dead fish, so if it looked pretty severe for a shrimp, you may have found your cause. Even being pulled to a powerhead shouldn't have caused much damage unless any fins or small parts got sucked in. I would just watch the remaining damsels closely for any small fights or nipped fins here and there.

Thanks, I think that was probably the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I wouldn't worry about color change. Most every coral goes through a little bit of change, and some have drastic color changes from tank to tank. Sps, plates, chalices... trumpets like meat as well. Look at it early in the morning and you wil see it inside out looking for food.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110404_075146.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110404_075146.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 73
Yep! When I target feed my trumpet I give it tiny bits of garlic soaked silverside. So what about placement in the tank. What level do they prefer? I have mine on the bottom and that's what i suggested.

Ok, my LFS recommended adding more snails so I added 15 small snails because my nitrate was just a touch above. Today, I lost my kole tang and orange clown. Water test is good. Nitrate is perfect... I don't know what to look at..... Help!!

Back
Top Bottom