Dead nemo :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moog24

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just looking for some help as to why my clown just died. I woke up to feed and he was at the top of tank looking like he was trying to eat air. Next thing I noticed was how pale his sink looked. Then 10 minutes later he was dead.

Well after reading through some of your posts it kind of sounds like your tank was never cycled properly

I just did a 90% water change and then used the API master kit to test and everything was fine in both the old water and bew

Did you do this before or after the clown died? And what do you consider "fine"?

I did the huge change last night. And he died this morning

Temp was at 78.5 in tank and 79 in the new water. 1.022 both for salinity

What size tank is this? Was the clown eating normally before? Any weird marks on it?

28 gallons and he are fine last night didn't eat this morning. I could tell his color was pale not the bright orange

I agree with big red. After talking to you on other forums, it seems like you didn't take the advice. Your tank wasn't cycled properly. This can cause issues.

Also, when you take the rock out of water, there is die off, that could have caused ammonia to kill the fish. Now probably not that much though.

Have you tested your phosphates?

I'd like to see all your parameters in pictures of the tests.

The clown may have died because you moved him around so much so he was stressed. Salt is a little low, but nothing to cause an issue.

It was a Bactria or parasite from the fish store they gave me a new one for free. Nothing I could do

Maybe but everything is fine both fish are happy and look great and eat good all snails and crabs r fine

No I'll just keep it at 50% or less just did a 10 gallon change today

Back
Top Bottom