Depressed, Sick, and Tired!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I am getting really depressed here guys nothing seems to be going right. I wish I would have known all this from the begining things you have to do and such. Well I am stuck now I am thinking about selling my puffer. Starting from scratch and seeing how it goes. I want to let it cycle compleletly and then add fish later. I also think I will go with non meat eaters they are very messy and hard to care for, also cannot mix with others well. I think I want a peaceful tank. I do love the puffers and eels and such but its just to much to start with. Maybe later on down the road when I have more experience I will attempt them. With that said I am putting my puffer in the classifieds. I dont really know how it works to sell them but I am putting him there now. I am thinking pickup only. Thanks for hearing my vent.

Chin up. It's very frustrating when you're trying to get things set up and care for livestock at the same time. Sell the puffer/take him back to the store and take your time and properly cycle the tank. Take some time to research the kinds of fish you want. Hang in there, take a step back and do it right. Good luck...

It is a tough decision but I think you are at least making the right decision. Get your feet wet (no pun intended) with an easier selection of fish to help you learn your habbits and get the feel for what to do when things go wrong, etc.

I think going with pick-up only on the puffer is a good idea. If there's no-one here that's willing to take him, you may be able to return him to the LFS for store credit to pick up other fish in trade.

Best of luck, don't give up!

Back
Top Bottom