Desperate for HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelsNgolds

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI everyone, Another :n00b: here, and dear hubby is telling me I am on myown for this tank! :eek: (but I know he'll give in and help me..shhh, our secret!) I will give you a little bit of a background..I have a 65 gal hex set up with some beautiful goldfish in it, and a 55 freshwater tank, with a assortment of fish. Both are doing great. I have had tanks like this my entire life. Now, my dilemma... I came across a ad for a 72 gal bowfront saltwater/reef tank, and bought it complete. I am picking it up tomorrow. This is what I will be getting, could you please let me know if there is anything else I should have on hand or need immediately. I know N-O-T-H-I-N-G about these trype of tanks, other then I want to give it my all and try one and I think they are beautiful. I really want to succeed at this venture, and make these fish feel welcome to our home :D Here is what is included:
72 gal tank
2-Eheim 2028 cannister filters (he uses both for the tank now)
glass top
48" coralife florescent strip
some live rock, but not alot
some coral (not sure how much yet)
the fish he is giving me would be:
2 Pajama cardinals
2 Anthias
1 Pendula clown
1 Yellow tang
1 six line wrasse
1 starry eyed blenny

what do I need to know about these fish? We have hard water. He is writing instructions down for me as to what he did also. The tank is less then 3 years old. Oh heck...just tell me anything I need to know. I also just ordered the book saltwater fish for dummies, it seemed like the appropiate book for me. :D Anyone know of any good sources in northeast Wisconsin? Thanks all, CeCe

Just a hello,
I'm a FW all-the-way, but this site is amazing for advice so you are in good hands here...All the best in your new venture!
JD

You may not want to take the tang, the yellow tang like to swim a lot and should be housed in a 100G tank.
I have some articles in my sig file. Take a peek and we'll be more than happy to answer any questions.

Back
Top Bottom