developing a fish(want) list for my new 125 need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arizona reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok here goes my list of fish is just a draft of fish that i like alot if adding any of them is a bad idea for the rest let me know. im not planning on putting them all in so i already know that the load is too heavy for a 125.
1 snowflake eel
1 humu picasso trigger
1 volitan lion fish
1 purple or powder blue tang
1 niger trigger
1 panther grouper
1 imperator angel
1 dog face puffer
thank you in advance for any help. i definately want the eel so let base the rest around him

I would add the Eel, lion, picasso, and the puffer. Panther groupers get huge, and really need a 180. I have seen them full grown and trust me they don't really fit in a 125. Best of luck with your new tank!

my vote is against the niger trigger- every niger that ive had has come down with some serious marine velvet!!!

Keep the stocking rule in mind "5 gal. = 1 in. of adult fish" ... meaning you can only handle 25 in. of adult fish. The angel alone reaches 15 in.... Sorry for the lecture. I think it would be best to eliminate about half of your fish. HTH

ah yes, the world of SW fish keeping. A HUGE tank......2 fish. :lol:

I have heard that you can maybe push it a bit if you use a great deal of filtration.

(I don't know how accurate that is. Is this true?)

I dont know how a sump would factor into it. The 1 inch of fish is minus the tail. so that helps a bit.

I myself will be breaking the rule by a full 5 inches. :|

IME, (not my experience at home as you see by my sig- but my experience working in a LFS with the saltwater display tanks and helping with my friends' SW tanks) the more filtration you have does mean you can bend the fish rule a bit. Especially if they're not overly territorial or agressive towards their tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom