Diamond Goby convulsing.... help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frazin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI, I am new to this board and I would appreciate if anyone has any feedback. All my measurements are good.

Ammonia = 0
Nitrites= 0
PH = 8.2
Nitrates = 15 ppm
Temp= 80
Salinity = 1.023

I put the fish in last Saturday. He was a little skiddish and build his little house under one of my huge fossilized rocks. I can't see inside his little place but I know he was poping his head out once and awhile as I would watch him very closely. No today at lunch I finally see him out and I was all excited... but after I approached the tank... I was shocked.. he was upside down... just like the picture that I put up.... if you look at the picture he has some red patches near his tail but all of his color is still there... he will grasp a big gulp of water and then convulse like a snake bashing into the rock. I have no idea what happened.... anyone have any idea? This guy was sifting so much sand at the store that I thought he was the healthiest.... He has his full color so obviously he isn't too stressed... but then again... Hi tankmates are :1 yellow tang, 1 damsel, one porcupine puffer, 1 Fermosa Wrasse and a few snails. He doesn't have any sores or wounds but the red patch looks like his veines....

Thx

How deep is the sand? It's possible he simply developed a bacterial infection, or if the bed is deep enough, he could have run into some hyrogen sulfide while sifting.

The DSB is fairly new it's only 2 weeks old, it's 3 inch deep, his hole is only about an inch or so deep if that.

I removed him and put him int a quarantine tank but he hasn't moved in awhile so my assumptions are that he is dead.

TIA

Back
Top Bottom