diatoms going, red spots showing up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
These red spots are showing up in my LR. They are no larger than the diameter of a pencil eraser. Any ideas and what to do about it if it is bad?TIA!

hmm..
slimey?

Heard someone say that slimey was cyano, but furry or fuzzy or some such was regular ole algae or something like that...

I don't have a photo editor so a can reduce the size. I can email it to you if that is alright?

Attachments

• dsc00118_145.jpg
    dsc00118_145.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 387
Hmm, does it blow away easily? Or is it easily removed by rubbing it with your finger? The pic came through fine.

lol But you didn't answer my questions. It looks like it could be cyano starting but it's hard to tell.

Then I'd say it's cyano. Coralline wouldn't just rub off. I'd begin doing extra water changes and test for phosphates.

If you don't have any corals or light loving critters, you could shorten your light schedule but removing the PO4 is gonna be your best defense. Even after you get it to 0, do a few more since no all PO4 will show up in your test.

Back
Top Bottom