Did I fill my aquarium too high?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonnieC

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just topped off my little 10g aquarium for the first time. It has one of those whisper filters on the top. The water was flowing down off it before, but now that lip is under water. Should I take some water out or is it ok?

did you check your salinity afterwards? I'm sure adding that little bit shouldn't throw it off too much, but I've never dealt with a 10G tank and keeping all the parameters in cehck. if it is ok and you get a lose a lot to evap. i'd just leave it. you most likely already had all the grime that likes to gather on the lips go out into the tank already.

The salinity is ok. I was mroe worried about the filter being able to do its job when the lip is submerged.

When you get the filter working the way you like it I would put a small piece of electrical tape on the AQ glass to mark the full tank so all you have to do is refill back up to the tape.

As long as your salinity is correct and it's not flowing onto your floor it does not matter.

Yep, seeded though so Im not sure how much is live verses not at this point. Same with the sand.

Back
Top Bottom