Did I kill my star pollup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pzunker

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I moved my frag plate and the stem was too long, so I just took a serrated knife and cut the plaster stem. It was out of the water for a minute, but the sawing was pretty rough. Nothing happened to it during the cutting but it hasn't opened back up yet. Pic is attached- could I have killed it or with all the sawing on the stem, could it just be taking its time? Ts been 3 hours now.

image-2687345942.jpg

It's fine.. to be honest you coulda chopped up your gsp into 10 pieces and they'd probably all grow back.. its extremely hardy and like most softies all it takes is a small piece to produce a decent colony in no time.

It's not uncommon for them to close for a day or two if disturbed. Just make sure they get lots of light and flow and they will flourish. A little tip though. Try and keep them contained to a rock that ISN'T apart of your main structure for easy removal because once it start growing fast there's no going back lol

Under ideal conditions you can see close to an inch of growth a month so won't be long hopefully :)

Mrc nailed it. I just got rid of my GSPs! I like the way they look but I like my other corals better. They are the weeds of corals and probably the toughest. When I first got mine it didn't open for 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom