Different color coralline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have seen pictures of blue coralline algae... Anyone ever seen blue coralline before? And is there any other colors besides purple? I have a FOWLR and want to add some different colors.

Green is another color. I have a small amount growing in my tank while the purple is starting to take over.

I have a couple little spots of coraline that glows pink under my blue lights. I want it to spread because it looks awesome, I can't get a pic because I don't have a nice camera that I can set the white balance on. Has anyone seen this before?

I have a couple little spots of coraline that glows pink under my blue lights. I want it to spread because it looks awesome, I can't get a pic because I don't have a nice camera that I can set the white balance on. Has anyone seen this before?

I bought a little coraline covered live rock from petco. It is a beautiful deep purple with some pinkish spots too. It also has some green on it. I am very pleased with the rock as it was only $10!

I seem on ebay where people were selling coralline algae. They were selling 2 ounces for $30 plus $5 shipping!!! That's outrageous when you can buy a live rock covered in it for $10.

I seem on ebay where people were selling coralline algae. They were selling 2 ounces for $30 plus $5 shipping!!! That's outrageous when you can buy a live rock covered in it for $10.

2 ounces is a ton of algae. It's actually not that bad of a deal.

2 ounces is a ton of algae. It's actually not that bad of a deal.

But wouldn't you rather buy a live rock covered in it? I guess it's all in what you want... But personally if I was gonna spend $30 on it I would buy a large live rock covered in it from petco.

Back
Top Bottom