Digger causing nitrate spikes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
Digger, my orange dot goby, shovels sand up with his mouth and releases it through his gills. From what I read stirring up substrate will cause nitrate or nitrite spikes. Is this true with him doing this?

He is actually helping to keep your sand bed clean
yes stirring up a sand bed can be bad if it is not maintained well , you have a beneficial little worker helping you , he keeps uneaten foods and other crud from accumulating in the sand bed that cause those noxious gases and keeps them to a minimum , I love watching those lil guys burrow through the sand ,

He is actually helping to keep your sand bed clean
yes stirring up a sand bed can be bad if it is not maintained well , you have a beneficial little worker helping you , he keeps uneaten foods and other crud from accumulating in the sand bed that cause those noxious gases and keeps them to a minimum , I love watching those lil guys burrow through the sand ,

He is a lot of fun to watch. I'll be staring at him and he acts like he notices and he will turn his head and stare at me.

Back to my original post... So I don't have anything to worry about with him doing this?

Back
Top Bottom