Way way overdue update.
Not much time to work on the tank over the last several months.
Had to redesign the overflow as I got good flow but way too much nose.
Widen the intake of the overflow to 6" and am getting >900gph flow.
I got a ton of micro-bubbles in the DT. No bubbles coming through the traps and only a very few where the water flows over the last divider to the return section of the sump.
Guess the pump is chopping these few up into hundreds of micro-bubbles on the way back to the DT. Installed a temporary fix and tested...
NO MICRO-BUBBLES and absolutely NO NOISE!!
No to get water parameters right and start cycling. WOOHOO!!!