Digging blue damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A few weeks ago we put the blue damsel from our 5 gallon long into the 29 gallon to give him more room to swim. When he was in the 5 gallon he would always move out the sand to make either a space under the rocks for him to hide or just to move the sand I guess to show off. Now that he is in the 29 which is an older tank he is doing the same thing, is this going to cause problems with the layers of sand that have settled? Or is this good because he is moving the sand?

I would hate to have to try and get him out of the 29, that would be a nightmare.

Thanks!

i dont know.. i thought moving sand was good?? my yellowtail damsel does that too.. i thought he was doing that to make a hiding place for himself, but he never uses it or anything... just does it to show off i guess, but hes like the smallest one in the tank and is affraid of everyone, so i don't know what he's trying to do..

I don't see a problem with it. I am assuming he's staying there most of the time. IMHO - he's just building a hiding spot.

Well he hits several spots, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to bother things. Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom