Digital water testing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyRhoads

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there any digital meters that read all the necessaties or do I have to buy a different meter for each thing being tested. Anyone have a link to what they use/prefer?

Digital meters test for only one item. A different meter is needed for each type of test. There are several brands out there.

Hanna Checkers are quite popular:
Hanna Checker - Test Kits - PRODUCTS - English

There are other brands to check out as well.

Any particular reason you're looking for a digital tester? They're really only worth it if you have multiple tanks and/or $ to spend on them.

A good liquid test kit from Elos, Red Sea, and Salifert are just as good to be honest.

Honestly it was just because I thought it was a magic probe I could just stick in the water and get readings on everything. Ah well. If it only tests one thing and costs that much I'll just stick to liquid testing. These test strips irritate me.

Yeah, those strips are pretty worthless. Not a fan of calibrating the digital meters and buying new reagents for them. Comes out to be a bit more pricey compared to liquid test kits over time.

There's a new item called Seneye that monitors a few different things via replaceable slides. Some of my local club members use it(it's also a PAR meter so thats always nice) some say accurate some say not. I don't know much about it yet so I can't recommend or not. just figured I'd let you know about it

Why Seneye? - seneye aquarium water testing devices

Back
Top Bottom