dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ordered a sump and everything from my LFS and today I spoke with a guy that works up there and he told me that he wanted to sell me his stuff for 600bux.. includes tank, stand, wet/dry sump protein skimmercombo, live sand bout 70lbs of live rock, 2 lion fish, and some kind of tang that isn't doin so hot..I'm supposed to go and look at it now.. any advice on what I should do?

Depends on the tank size and type of wet/dry skimmer combo. It will also depend on the shape of the tank and stand.

actually the petstore doesn't want to give me all my money back.. they want to keep 100 of the money that I gave them for shipping and handling charges

That is not a good deal IMO. You will have to get rid of the fish to let the ich cycle through for 6 to 8 weeks, or get a qt to put them in for the same amount of time.

A 55g tank and stand combo is about half that price new, and you loosing the 100bucks from the lfs. So in reality it is going to cost you $700.

How old is all this stuff?

What kind of condition is it in? tank/stand/sump

ok..this is what I have... 55gal tank.. ordered a pro75 sump with protein skimmer, and coralife hood light with moonlight led, salt, 3 bags of arag-life live sand, ph 8.2, stress coat, adn 11lbs of lr.. now I intend on buyin more lr from lr.com and hirocks.. I just told the guy that I don't want his system... and that I'll continue to just get what I got coming

Very Smart IMO!! (y) (y)

Get the LR as soon as possible. Sounds like your off to a great start! Keep us updated on the progress.

Good choice. I am setting up a 55 and I have everything I need except lr, and I have spent around $400 (I did a lot of diy stuff). Good luck!

the only cheap thing I intend to have is the topfin aquarium I have.. it should be fine with all that rock and sand shouldn't it? but it was free..so I'm not complaining. :)

Back
Top Bottom