displacement questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cox82

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys.

So my trank is cycling well and its time for my 50-60% water change. My question is how much water is actually in there now? I have a 35G with 40lbs of carib sea sand sunstrate, 3lbs crushed coral, 35 lbs live rock. I don't know how much water I actually have now for stocking. Also, I had bought salt that was just for FOWRL and have decided to go reef, can I just change the water with the reef salt weekly for the next 3 months to get it ready for the corals? This won't effect the livestock poorly once I get some in there will it?

I don't see why not. And I have never been very good in the math department, but I'm sure there is an equation out there. I just look at my 36 gal w/ bowfront as a 30 gal w/ my sand and lr.

i don't think you have to be that precise. if you have a 35 gallon tank full of rock, i would say that a 10 gallon water change is plenty. no. the salt you are using won't effect them negatively. the thing about reef grade salts is that (in theory) you shouldn't need to dose anything because they are closer to natural sea water.

Back
Top Bottom