Diy refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 32 biocube and I always wanted a refugium but didn't wanted to give up on the good filtration that I have so what I did was to get a large marina breeder box get a a 6 bucks water pump I think it's rated 60 gph and a grow light and taped it up all nice and black so the light at night won't bother anybody what do you guys think I couldn't find chaeto from a place I could trust the two lfs that had them have a whole bunch of aptasia in their sumps so that's a no for me and the other place I was gonna get it from was way too expensive 25 bucks a sandwich bag so I ended up with grape caulerpa for now, I'm going to be running the pink light at night so I don't get ph swingsIMG_20190823_194831.jpgIMG_20190823_194902.jpgIMG_20190823_194907.jpg1566611888789.jpg

Good luck with that. A creative idea, but remember the larger the refugium the better nutrient removal. I prefer using turf scrubbers compared to cheato anyway.

Back
Top Bottom