Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Do cleaner shrimp eat Peppermints?

OK, I hope you can guess I am not worried about my cleaner shrimp's breathe, but rather my other shrimp. I have three skunk cleaner shrimp in a 175 and have rarely seen any of my peps since I added them. There is one tiny pep that pops out, but all the rest are MIA. why can't shrimp just get along?

Old 12-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

they should not eat the peps...

~mike

Coralife Lunar Aqualight (4x65W),
60 LB Hirocks Base Rock, 40 LB LR 50/50 Keys/Gulf
150 LB Playsand (~3-4 in DSB)
2 x Blood Red Fire Shrimp, 2 x Cleaner Shrimp
2 x Black and White Percula Clown, 1 x Orange Spotted Blenny, 1 x Red Stripe High Fin Goby
mp3z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
I have cleaners, peppermint and CBS and they all get along in a 100 just fine.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman
I have cleaners, peppermint and CBS and they all get along in a 100 just fine.
Same here with minor problems. They can be territorial sometimes and will chase off another shrimp but I have never seen one hurt another.

More than likely if you just added them they molted and are hiding from view. They usually are kept in tanks at the lfs with very little cover and will put off molting as long as they can until they feel like they can hide out for awhile. All my shrimp hid for the first couple of months but now freely roam the tank during the day

They hide very well and won’t be found if they don’t want to be and typically molt once a month or more.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah my buddy though he had that problem he has 2 large Skunk Cleaners He would go buy like 5 peps a week for a month. He though the skunks were eating them untill recently everytime he feeds now like 20 some peps come racing out from there hiding spots. Its pretty funny
125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, eat, pepper, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com