Do cleaner shrimp eat Peppermints?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, I hope you can guess I am not worried about my cleaner shrimp's breathe, but rather my other shrimp. I have three skunk cleaner shrimp in a 175 and have rarely seen any of my peps since I added them. There is one tiny pep that pops out, but all the rest are MIA. why can't shrimp just get along?

I have cleaners, peppermint and CBS and they all get along in a 100 just fine.

fishman said:
I have cleaners, peppermint and CBS and they all get along in a 100 just fine.

Same here with minor problems. They can be territorial sometimes and will chase off another shrimp but I have never seen one hurt another.

More than likely if you just added them they molted and are hiding from view. They usually are kept in tanks at the lfs with very little cover and will put off molting as long as they can until they feel like they can hide out for awhile. All my shrimp hid for the first couple of months but now freely roam the tank during the day :D

They hide very well and won’t be found if they don’t want to be and typically molt once a month or more.

Yeah my buddy though he had that problem he has 2 large Skunk Cleaners He would go buy like 5 peps a week for a month. He though the skunks were eating them untill recently everytime he feeds now like 20 some peps come racing out from there hiding spots. Its pretty funny

Back
Top Bottom