Do I have a corraline problem???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wseaton

Aquarium Advice Activist
Actually this is my buddies 30gal showing a slight, er, problem with corraline. It's maybe 6months in this picture since the introduction of a single seeder rock.

Lighting - single 50/50 PC, with an additonal actinic tube I haven't verified type as of yet. Might be a T5.

Water parameters are unknown. He changes 30percent of his water every other week, does *not* use RO, and uses no other additives - I'm not kidding. The bottom of the tank has the densest infestation of shrooms I've ever seen and you'd need a chisel to clear the power heads of corraline. Maybe there's something to be said about city water, eh? I sure don't get it.

Ah....I see. Didn't know that.

No prob....I stuck em' in my gallery. Only two pics in there. Wild, huh?

You can buy scrapers that work real well scraping off the coraline. Does your friend not want the coraline in tank? Sounds like things are doing really well in the tank with what you said about the mushrooms. The coraline is supposed to be good for the water quality. Beautiful tank btw. :)

Scrape it and bag it up and ship it my way ;) lol If you want to Jump start a tank with coraline that would be a great way to do it..

James

someone please help me have his problem I have a tank full of LR. with corraline on the rocks but it won't spred to the tank.

If you have a skimmer turn it off for about 2 hours.. Grab a knife and scrape some coraline off the rocks.. You will start to notice coraline in areas of the tank in a few days given your lighting and levels are good enough to grow coraline.

HTH,
James

thats not a tank its someone's back yard :) looks like walking thru the woods, thats crazy

Back
Top Bottom