Do I have to wait a certain amount of time to start putting corals in a new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaysonS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do I have to wait a certain amount of time to start putting corals in a new tank? It has been up and running for about 10 weeks, parameters are great, and fish are doing just fine. I have an Orbit marine LED system on my tank, and want to start adding corals. Also, what kind of corals can these lights support?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I don't know anything about those lights specifically but turn them down low and slowly acclimate your corals to your light. What kind of coral do you want?

90 gal reef

I would say go ahead but go with some easy corals first. Like zoas

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would say go ahead but go with some easy corals first. Like zoas

Agree. And it might help to do a coral dip as well just to be on the safe side. Unless you're TOTALLY confident with where you're getting them from.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

The orbit can do softies and some lps like hammers, acans, blastos, frogspawn.

^+1

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys ?

I am just going to put in some softies in this tank

Ahh yeah, of course. Haha I am not good with all the acronyms

36 gallons. Sorry I never saw you respond!

I have orbit marine LEDs but I have two strips. I put my first coral, one head of frogspawn, in about the same time you're at now, not quite a year ago. It's 12 heads now. I have a maxima clam, birdsnest, cat paw and an acro at the top. The frogspawn, a gold torch, gold branching hammer and gold wall hammer middle. Two derasa clams, zoas, ugh there are a lot. The largest is the birdsnest that I need to frag it's about 8" across from a 2" frag last year. I didn't think I'd be able to keep corals but they're pretty easy, just read a lot and take the advice from the pros on this site. They know.

How big is your tank?

Back
Top Bottom