Do I need a RO/D with well water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

femmeartist51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was reading another post about RO/D. Said one needs one, but it seems to be not attached to the tank, but it gets attached to your water source, am I correct?? Do you keep it permanently attached to your water supply, that would be expensive I think to use, filters and all. I have well water, do I need a RO/D with well water? U just use the RO water to top off the tank. I have always used my well water. It is such wonderful water. Let me know pls thanks

If you want to run an RO/DI on a well system, you'll need to check your water pressure. I forget what the exact cutoff is, but I think most RO/DI's require a minimum of 55-60psi input pressure (to get water through the membrane), otherwise you will need a booster pump.

EDIT: Did some reading.... seems the general consensus is <50psi input is considered low pressure & recommends a booster pump. Anything <40psi will require a booster pump.

Thank you for answering. No problem I can get a RO/DI they are cheap on Ebay. Only problem is, this house is a very old farm house. Not sure it has the pressure we need to run the RO/DI. Oh how do you test the pressure. I have a friend who might know. I will have to check on that. Also what kind of booster pump do you need. Does it need to be attached to the house, or to the RO/DI.Thank you all for your response.

I live in an old farm house with well water. I dont have issues with running my ro/di. I attach it to the tap on my sink and let it go to work. As long as it isnt leaking you wont have any issues.

Back
Top Bottom