do i need a skimmer ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all i have a 125 litre (33g) saltwater tank.. my question is do i need a skimmer in a tank this small.. iv been told yes and no.. whats your guys thoughts good and bad points many thanks

My opinion is as long as you do water changes regularly you should be fine without on. I was running a 29g without one and currently my 20g and 29gcube don't have one. :)

IMO a skimmer certainly wouldn't hurt, but it isn't necessary as long as you are diligent about water changes.

+1 that it wont hurt, what is your current filtration set up as well? Soemtimes a little back ground info helps too.

That might be a little over kill for a circ pump, but good for the regular output pump

a skimmer can hurt. it can hurt the aesthetics of the display. in other words i'd rather not have an ugly skimmer taking up space in my tiny 30 gallon.

Theres always the Hydow slim skim, from numerous reports it does a great job, and is quiet and only takes up one slot in you internal filtration (assuming its squares in the back like most nanos)

Back
Top Bottom