Do i need an air stone in my first sw tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawlessr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all just a silly question do i need an air stone in my tank i have just started my first sw tank i have too fairly good circulation pumps running i have the water salted my measurements are 1.026.I plan on collecting my LR in two days time.I am wating for my tank to come up to temp,is there anything else i should do before i put the LR in.I have two years experence in FW fish .I was told to cycle the tank for two weeks after the LR goes in the tank with the lights off.Any help would be great...:confused::confused::confused:

No airstone in a SW tank is needed. They actually make a mess as when the bubbles burst at the surface they send up a small spray that causes salt to build up oo the top and lights called Salt Creep.

Thanks for the reply its an expensive hobby even more so in ireland .I had a look at your tank it is class it is exactly how i would like mine to look.The marine shop is not open untill monday and i hope to pick up my LR than have you any advice on how to set the LR up I know i can only set it up once so i am not disturbeing the tank if its not wright it will anoy me when should i start to add corals and how many should i add at the one time.

Just set it up so it has different caves and caverns inside for the fish and inverts to be able to hide and protect themselves. I have my LR sitting on the back glass to force the fish to swim out front. You`ll do good I`m sure.

Back
Top Bottom