Do turbo snails right themselves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started picking up the CUC. So far I have 5 Nassarius, 10 Turbo's, 10 Red tip Hermits and 2 Emerald crabs. I notice the Turbos seem to wind up on their shells and I have been righting them, is it necessary or do they right themselves? On another note, I didn't think the CUC would be so interesting.

I only have one turbo so I'm not to similiar with them. My nerites seem to need some help when I first drop them into the tank. After that they seem okay.

I would right them if you see them on the side. I imagine that it is hard for them to do.

Thanks guys, I will right them but how do they take care of it in their natural environment, makes me curious.

I think the waves and currents are a lot more then what we can mimic in our AQ.

I think the waves and currents are a lot more then what we can mimic in our AQ.
I keep forgetting about that mother nature thing. My Bad. Thanks TC. If they keep flipping over I'm going to put numbers on them and play lotto at the end of the week on the accumulative times per number, you never know maybe I'll hit something.

Here is another question along the same lines. why do some of my turbos crawl all the way up the glass so that they are half in and half out of the water. should i knock them back down?

They will be fine. I see my snails crawl all over my acclimation bucket. If they start to dry out, they just let go and drop back down into the water...lazy snails! LOL!

Last edited:
No, they are alright and will go back down on their own. Also for your previous question I have observed my turbos right themselves from some impossible positions so they should be ok.

No, they are alright and will go back down on their own. Also for your previous question I have observed my turbos right themselves from some impossible positions so they should be ok.
Cool, because that could become a full time job. Thanks for the info everyone.

Back
Top Bottom