Do you own a BioCube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm considering buying one but I'd like some feedback from people that own them first hand. :)
Did you make any mods to the setup?
What fish/inverts do you have in it?
What size?
Any comments/suggestions?

If I get one it'll be the 14g size do to space constrictions. :>

I have two biocube 14gal. One freshwater and i just started a salt water one today. I love my biocube freshwater tank. everything is quite and runs good. For the saltwater tank i took out the false bottoms and bioballs. I added a media basket. Only downside that i have seen is that if you run the lights for long they tend to put off some heat. The fans really dont do that much to get rid of the heat. All in all i give them a A.

I have a Biocube 14 right now and I am upgrading to the Biocube 29 HQI (setting up this weekend)

Pros
-all in one
-decent lights that can hold good variety of corals

Cons
-lights heat the tank up
-only about 10 actual gallons
-fans start to get loud after a few weeks
-a lot of water evaporation

I honestly like the unit, it's just too small. I can't have what I want in it. But that's just me.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just love the look of them, they're very modern and I like that it's pretty much self contained. I'll definitely take out the bioballs as well if I get one.

Thanks so much for the link, Carey!
I'm going to measure the space I have to work with and hope I can get the 29. Perfect for a nano reef.

Back
Top Bottom