Do your fish ever get a spotchy color and is that normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtneyclv

Aquarium Advice Activist
My majestic angelfish seems to being doing well. She swims around the tank, sometimes sits next to the filter or in the corner, she pics at my live rock too.

But- her 'face' is kind of spotchy looking, colors are there but there is some whiteness. (sorry no pics)

Do fish ever get like this when they are growing or anything. She seems good though?

they usually pale out and get drab looking at night with lights out...they take a little while to return to "normal" after the lights come on. Is this the situation with yours?

As hara mentioned, it is fairly common for fish to dull at night. If this is during the day, it could be a sign of declining water conditions or poor diet.

Hmmm..maybe that was it. I looked at her today and she looks good. I did check the water and it was perfect. I only have some brown algae and some debris from LR that I will siphon out this week.

My test does say I have high calcium of around 580. Is that ok? (asked on anohter board but nobody said anything)

Oh..doing a PWC tomorrow of around 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom