Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Does anyone have this lighting fixture?

Fishneedit.com has a T5 4 bulb fixture for a 36" tank for $124.99. If you have one, is it as good a deal as it seems to be?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Does anyone have one of these? What do you think of it?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have one. The bulbs that come with it are junk! So they should be replaced right out of the box. By the time you put even decent bulbs it it you are looking at the same price or more than just buying one that has good bulbs in it already and maybe moon lights or some other nece features built in. I'm selling mine to my brother and getting the coralife lunar fixture for less than I payed for that fixture and new bulbs. But the lunar comes with moon lights already on it and better bulbs too. Hope this helped
Old 10-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are good for what they are no fan to cool and single reflector. Check this one out Amazon.com: Deep Blue Professional 30 Inch SolarXtreme T5HO 4 Bulb Light System With Moonlight LEDs: Pet Supplies I got one similar for my 55 the other day used. Easy to program and a big difference in the amount of light with the same bulbs. I switched to my API bulbs
Old 10-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

For the same price as the one you just posted you can get the coralife which has more power due to having 28" bulbs instead of 24" bulbs. The only issue with that is only coralife makes them but they are good bulbs. The coralife also has a reflector for each bulb but does not have a timer. Which in my eyes is good because it is one less thing to go wrong. Timers are cheap anyways

Tags
fixture, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com