Does size matter in LPS or other corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beefandpork

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

Local frag guys are selling a small head for 15 dollar for a frogspawn

or Should I just buy a big piece for 35 to 45 dollars in a LFS.

Would the survival rate be stronger with the nice big pieces compare to a little frag?

Thanks.

Hi

Would the survival rate be stronger with the nice big pieces compare to a little frag?

Thanks.

It may depend if it is fresh cut frag or not. With the frogspawn, I'm sure it is fine to get the small one if you can wait for it to grow nice and big.

So I guess to answer your original question, size doesn't matter:jump:

Aww man, I've been looking for a small frogspawn.

IME, its more rewarding to buy the small piece and have it grow out. Anyone can buy a colony.

Aww man, I've been looking for a small frogspawn.
Where in pa are you I have some that I am ready to say good bye to , how many heads are you looking for ...
In the smaller pieces I have had they seem to do fine .. I had a small frogspawn that I got it now has 8-12 heads on it :rolleyes:

Most of mine were small at one time. It`s more gratifying to me to watch them grow.

Hi

Thanks.

Survival rate doesn't really matter. Bad things can happen to big pieces just like small pieces. In branching pieces, multiple heads may be better - if you develop a problem in one head you just cut it off and hopefully contain the problem. But it really depends on what you want.

Back
Top Bottom