Does This Sound Right???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ten gallon that i want to turn to a reef tank is this lighting good for most corals ??? or is it too much??

Deluxe Series 1x96W Coralife Aqualight Power Compact hood w/ Quad 50/50 -Square 2 cooling fans (except #53100), built-in ballasts, sleek aluminum housing (7.25" W x 2.625" H), highly-polished reflector and acrylic lens cover.

That is a little on the high side, but it really depends on what you want to keep. You will just have to be sure to provide some ledges to shade some of the lower light corals, but I'm sure you will have plenty of live rock to accomplish that.

I may be wrong but the bulb length goes hand in hand with the wattage. A 96w bulb would be too long for a 10 gal tank. Someone correct me if I am wrong but you might want to check it again. I know they make a single bulb 65 watt that is 24inches.

A 10 gal is 20 inches, and Coralife does make a 20 inch 1x 96 watt PC fixture.

I agree with electrikat. That's gonna be alot of lighting, just make sure you provide an area of less lighting for the lower light corals, if you are going to keep any.

I agree , that is too much lighting , im gonna buy a Power Compact Fixture That comes with a 50/50 65 watt bulb , does that sound good for a 10 gal reef tank?

i have a coralife 50/50 power compact that i got from hello-lights.com for $35 for my 10 gallon, i also have a standard output 15w flor. on the back, and my tank is great! i even have a condy anemone that is thriving!

I went to hellolights.com they had a 20'' PC aqualight with a 28watt bulb , can i change the bulb to a 50/50 65 watt?? Do they sell 50/50 65 watt square bin base bulbs??

Back
Top Bottom