dog ate Sera Premium Spirulina Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownin around

Aquarium Advice Activist
do you think there is anything in these that could hurt my 12 week old pup he ate like 70 of them? I relize your not vets just wated to know if anyone might have any ideas i cant find a list of whats in em exactly

Probably darn good for him

Better than what they put in commercial dog food anyway :wink:

I remember when I was a little kid, me and a friend snuck off with her mom's giant bottle of chewable vitamin C, and split it (we ate the whole thing too)

Our moms about had a heart attack.

:)

thanks for the reassurance i am sure i was overreacting i didnt think there could be anyting in there that would harm him but just thought i would check.

Actually, Snapcrackler is probobly right. It is probobly really good for him. Anyone can use their greens, and it has been said spirulina contains some good stuff that you can only get through sea algaes!

:hat:

ty so much i feel so much better!! I figured if i called the vet they wouldnt have any idea what was in that stuff but in this case you guys are the more knowledgeable ones. I will of course still keep a close eye on him and call the vets if perchance there are any problems thanks for your imput!

Just wondering if all those "greens" might have a laxative effect... if so, could make housetraining very interesting over the next couple of days... :puppydogeyes:

My dog is not a puppy, but ever since we started keeping fish, she thinks the algae discs and any pellet food is a treat, and she expects some! :D

Yes I too am worried about the effect on his digestive tack but hes a weim pup and mighty big for 12 weeks ao I am hoping his digestive system will be able to handle it otherwise I will be cleaning carpets for the next day or two! Man o' man did he down them quickly I turn my back for two min and all but a few of the algea tabs are gone!! Certianly had me in a panic for a few minutes though! HO HUM another trip to my LFS! He's in his kennel now and doing fine. Thanks again for the imput!

What is it with pets and fish food? My cat ate a bunch of spirulina flake a couple weeks ago and she's fine (shhh don't tell my wife :lol: ) .

Back
Top Bottom