Dog Face Puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffergirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if anyone here has or has had expeirence with dog face puffers? I'm reading up on saltwater aquariums and want to go fish only with a puffer. I don't want a huge tank so want to stay away from the porcupine puffer. I also like the sharpnose puffers but think I'd prefer a dog face. Any info would be great!

Hey another Canadian!

Umm... from what I understand they aren't the hardest fish to keep (I means within reason). You do need a decent size tank I think, and steadily good water conditions. Something 60 gal+. I was looking into getting one but don't have a tank big enough to keep one happy and healthy.

Hope others can help more.

I have had some experience with a dogface before and unless I had a glass tank I would not recommend one. The last one I had scratched the heck out of the inside of my acrylic tank with his exposed teeth!!

yeah, they sure do like to bear those teeth, but they have just as much personality as a porcupine, we've had both kinds at the store, and sometimes they'll even let u pet them

Back
Top Bottom