Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jayhawker518
Done Cycling

Ok I finished cycling. Did my PWC a couple times. Tested again. Everything Looks good
PH 8.0
Salinity 1.025
Ammonia Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5 ppm

Ok I added the clean up crew after drip acclimating then for a couple hours.

Now to my problem. My rock scape is pretty nice, but im nervous that the whole in the middle of the rock might cause a hiding place that could lead to someone getting caught down there. And Possible digging under one of my rocks.

Is it bad to move my live rock now after adding the clean up crew? Or should i be ok just moving some things around? Should i take out my clean up crew at all? It was my shrimp that are hiding that makes me a little nervous. Thanks in advance

Old 04-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I'm not to sure about whether it's okay to move your rocks around. Maybe some one with a little more experience can answer that. I do know that shrimp are nocturnal creatures and will tend to hide in the daylight no matter how your rock scape is arranged. My shrimp tend to hide just under my rock ledge. I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You can move around your rock to re-aquascape your tank. I think most people will tell you they move things around time and time again until they find the look that they really like. Just keep an eye on your shrimp if you are worried about smashing him, but even then i wouldn't worry too much about that!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
As ClamKnuckle said moving rocks is fine. Main thing is to make sure the rock is securely in place either resting on the bottom of the glass or up on PVC. This post goes into more detail.

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jayhawker518
Great thanks. I was just worried. Ill take pictures of it soon when my camera stops hating me. This weekend im going fishy shopping. My QT tank is all ready too.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I think you might find yourself moving your rock around a few times, I know I have. Make sure your bottom layer of rock is as close to the tank's bottom as possible. You can also use zip ties (the ones that are ALL plastic) to hold your rock together.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cycling

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com