Done Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayhawker518

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I finished cycling. Did my PWC a couple times. Tested again. Everything Looks good
PH 8.0
Salinity 1.025
Ammonia Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5 ppm

Ok I added the clean up crew after drip acclimating then for a couple hours.

Now to my problem. My rock scape is pretty nice, but im nervous that the whole in the middle of the rock might cause a hiding place that could lead to someone getting caught down there. And Possible digging under one of my rocks.

Is it bad to move my live rock now after adding the clean up crew? Or should i be ok just moving some things around? Should i take out my clean up crew at all? It was my shrimp that are hiding that makes me a little nervous. Thanks in advance

I'm not to sure about whether it's okay to move your rocks around. Maybe some one with a little more experience can answer that. I do know that shrimp are nocturnal creatures and will tend to hide in the daylight no matter how your rock scape is arranged. My shrimp tend to hide just under my rock ledge. I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck!

You can move around your rock to re-aquascape your tank. I think most people will tell you they move things around time and time again until they find the look that they really like. Just keep an eye on your shrimp if you are worried about smashing him, but even then i wouldn't worry too much about that!

As ClamKnuckle said moving rocks is fine. Main thing is to make sure the rock is securely in place either resting on the bottom of the glass or up on PVC. This post goes into more detail.

Great thanks. I was just worried. Ill take pictures of it soon when my camera stops hating me. This weekend im going fishy shopping. My QT tank is all ready too.

I think you might find yourself moving your rock around a few times, I know I have. Make sure your bottom layer of rock is as close to the tank's bottom as possible. You can also use zip ties (the ones that are ALL plastic) to hold your rock together.

Back
Top Bottom