Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-25-2004, 11:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
this topic has been discussed several times but you know what, it doesn't get old to me... I like dreaming about this sort of thing... to see my "dream tank" and a few others you can check out one of my old posts http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...820&highlight=

Backyard Fellowship
millipede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:22 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would have a 10,000 gallon tank were you would have to jump in the tank and hand feed them with scuba gear on.I would have about 7,000 lbs. of LR and in the tank I would have Moorish Idols,Butterflies,Angels,Triggers,Wrasses,Scorpion fish,Eels,Stonefish,600+corals,Clownfish,Anemones,LS,and so much more.

Jessethebody101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I would have a 2000 gallon, cube shaped tank built into the center of my vestibule in my new house. It would have a 500 gallon fuge and about 1000 lbs of live rock. all of the nessicary equipment would be hidden in a special room in my basement. I would have many different corals, clams, and anenomes, but the real prizes would be my fish, perc clowns, hawkfish, wrases, reagal Tangs, powder blue tangs, chromis, angles, banner fishes, a clown trigger, (and maybe even a mandrin or two....if I am feeling saucy.) all would have plenty of room to swim and play.

and it would all be maintained ofcourse, by my fishkeeper. Cause who wants to maintain all that!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
Nothing all that big here. My wife and I are about to get a piece of land to build a house. I would like to put an aquarium in the design (pier and beam stilt house) so it is integrated into the home structure and electrical systems. Two tanks would be even better.
1.) A Gulf of Mexico "nearshore" tank with a DSB and species of fish/inverts that would likely be found in and around the area. If I could find a good piece of oil rig strut (metal, I know) that had been pretty well encrusted, then that would be a neat part of the tank too. If the metal pipe wouldn't work, I could always go with a rocky/jetty tank and have a water level system that would mirror the local tide cycles.
2.) A "bay system" type tank with species like the ones I collected yesterday and several others. I could even see putting some seagrass in one portion of it.
Both tanks would have automatic lighting systems like the ones we use at the shrimp mariculture facility to mimic natural photoperiods. They would be, of course, in-wall tanks with a small room adjacent for access to the tanks and pump/filtration systems.
"If you don't fish, you should..."
diverdown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
My Dream tank! It wold be huge probally like 5000 gal. I would have it as an island in my kitchen and it would run into the finished basement where you could view it there. I would would have a waterbridge type thing ruinning along all my walls. It would be freshwater fish (Because I haven't jumped abord the SW train...YET). I would have bettas, neons, snails, tadpoles, goldfish, trout, bass, and a lot of big fish. I would have an a whole closet with the filtration system. There would be one of those moonlight simulators and a a big light at the top. At the bottow I would have lights that shoot up and give a laser show. There would be hundreds of plants. Ahhhhhh.... If only it were possible.
happyhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:46 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak
saw the public aquarium here in pgh.
mine would bee the same 180,000 gallon true reef system with tons and tons of live rock 10,000 peices of coral 20 tons of real ocean sand bed
5,000+ inverts 25,000 + fish (all kinds)
totally totally awesome
iwould never leave home

when i mean big i mean big!
another day
another dead brain cell
dont it suck?
greatgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 07:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular
If I could just get one that any fish would be compatible with everything else in there, like corals, inverts, and other fish.

ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com