DREAM TANK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just imagine for just a little while - you hit the big one!!!!
more money than you know what to do with !!
come on describe your dream tank ,livestock,fish,inverts,equipment,etc!
lets all have a little daydream we can all participate in!!!!!
:lol:

i would get a 300 gal. in wall aquarium and the front glass would be curved. it would have 250 lbs. of Fiji premium lr and fine sand at the bottom.i would have very power anitic lighting system to show off the fish. i would get 1 voiltans lion fish, 1 clown trigger, 1 scibbled arothron puffer, 1 emporer angel, 1 queen angel, 2 flame angel, 1 bi color angel, 1 racoon butterfly fish, 1 moorish idol, 1 sialfin tang, powder blue tang, flame hawk fish.

assorted snails and hermits to cleen

I would have at least a 1000g built in a room in the middle of the house, that could be viewed from 3 different rooms. The back could be viewed and accessed from my fish room. I would have 2000pds of LR. I would have a school of Moorish Idols (dream tank) schooling tangs, and 500+ Peices of coral. This tank would be almost completely automated, and basically take care of itself. The other stuff like cleaning would be done by my tank guy that runs the local public aquarium.

I will keep you guys up to date on the progress........... :wink:

If I had all that money I'd probably have less time to spend on my tank, and it wouldn't be as much fun if I had someone else taking care of it for me. :(

My tank would be so big I would have to take suba diving lessons just clean it...LOL

And...

I probably would forget all about you people here.....(just kiddin' how could I forget my friends)

Million gallon shark tank.
Or just keep it simple and get a beachfront home on a Carribean island, right on a reef. :D

I agree - have my own island that's in an area loaded with fish that were easy to observe diving, and my own beach condo to chill at with some drinks!

I would have a 10,000 gallon tank were you would have to jump in the tank and hand feed them with scuba gear on.I would have about 7,000 lbs. of LR and in the tank I would have Moorish Idols,Butterflies,Angels,Triggers,Wrasses,Scorpionfish,Eels,Stonefish,600+corals,Clownfish,Anemones,LS,and so much more.

I would have a 2000 gallon, cube shaped tank built into the center of my vestibule in my new house. It would have a 500 gallon fuge and about 1000 lbs of live rock. all of the nessicary equipment would be hidden in a special room in my basement. I would have many different corals, clams, and anenomes, but the real prizes would be my fish, perc clowns, hawkfish, wrases, reagal Tangs, powder blue tangs, chromis, angles, banner fishes, a clown trigger, (and maybe even a mandrin or two....if I am feeling saucy.) all would have plenty of room to swim and play.

and it would all be maintained ofcourse, by my fishkeeper. Cause who wants to maintain all that! :mrgreen:

Nothing all that big here. My wife and I are about to get a piece of land to build a house. I would like to put an aquarium in the design (pier and beam stilt house) so it is integrated into the home structure and electrical systems. Two tanks would be even better.
1.) A Gulf of Mexico "nearshore" tank with a DSB and species of fish/inverts that would likely be found in and around the area. If I could find a good piece of oil rig strut (metal, I know) that had been pretty well encrusted, then that would be a neat part of the tank too. If the metal pipe wouldn't work, I could always go with a rocky/jetty tank and have a water level system that would mirror the local tide cycles.
2.) A "bay system" type tank with species like the ones I collected yesterday and several others. I could even see putting some seagrass in one portion of it.
Both tanks would have automatic lighting systems like the ones we use at the shrimp mariculture facility to mimic natural photoperiods. They would be, of course, in-wall tanks with a small room adjacent for access to the tanks and pump/filtration systems.

My Dream tank! It wold be huge probally like 5000 gal. I would have it as an island in my kitchen and it would run into the finished basement where you could view it there. I would would have a waterbridge type thing ruinning along all my walls. It would be freshwater fish (Because I haven't jumped abord the SW train...YET). I would have bettas, neons, snails, tadpoles, goldfish, trout, bass, and a lot of big fish. I would have an a whole closet with the filtration system. There would be one of those moonlight simulators and a a big light at the top. At the bottow I would have lights that shoot up and give a laser show. There would be hundreds of plants. Ahhhhhh.... If only it were possible.

saw the public aquarium here in pgh.
mine would bee the same 180,000 gallon true reef system with tons and tons of live rock 10,000 peices of coral 20 tons of real ocean sand bed
5,000+ inverts 25,000 + fish (all kinds)
totally totally awesome
iwould never leave home :lol:

when i mean big i mean big!

If I could just get one that any fish would be compatible with everything else in there, like corals, inverts, and other fish.

Back
Top Bottom