Duncan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A tang isn't going to be stressed out by a powerhead being added. There not being any water movement created a low oxygen environment with CO2 buildup along with a tang being too big of a fish for a 75 gallon tank is what lead to the death.

I'm going to have too +1. With sniper. All the reasons are correct and make sense perfectly.

Also, I never count the return pump in with flow. It doesn't really do much compared to Powerheads and such.
You didn't have any Powerheads in the tank besides the return?

I did not . Water was moving fine . Why did he last 2 weeks then?? And why is everyone else ok?? If anyone would die it would have been the Blenny . No??

I did not . Water was moving fine . Why did he last 2 weeks then?? And why is everyone else ok?? If anyone would die it would have been the Blenny . No??

2 weeks is not a long time. It doesn't prove that you can maintain that fish. More so a year proves you are fit to keep the species alive and thriving. Tangs tend to be more finicky. Blennys, clowns and damsels are hardy fish. Not so much with tangs. So no, the blenny wouldn't have died.

Blennys are very sensitive to changes in the water. So as I've read and was told if it was the water he would have died. I've taken from what I've read on here and been told from others and from what I've read is fact... Everyone has there own opinions. Are you shouldn't add a tang into a yr into the hobby??

Blennies are definitely a lot hardier than tangs. Not as hardy as clowns or damsels but by no means fragile. Was the tang eating? How many times a day did you feed him? Any greenery in his diet? Only having the fish 2 weeks is very sketchy

Blennys are very sensitive to changes in the water. So as I've read and was told if it was the water he would have died. I've taken from what I've read on here and been told from others and from what I've read is fact... Everyone has there own opinions. Are you shouldn't add a tang into a yr into the hobby??

I'm not sure who you were talking too that said Blennies were very sense tube fish, because they aren't. Pretty average beginner fish. Tangs are definitely much more finicky. Any fish is sensitive to changes in the water. Just like humans react when there is something weird in the air. I wouldn't take advice from people who are telling you that Blennies are hard to keep or very sensitive. They aren't as hardy as clowns or damsels, but clowns and damsels are basically the hardiest of the hardiest.

No, I'm not saying you shouldn't own a tang until you are a year into the hobby. I'm saying that you can't say you raised a fish successfully and healthily until you've had the fish for about a year.

Agreed . It's a scooter Blenny if that matters? That's why I'm on here to get everyone's input . I'm a neebie and I want to learn the right way!! So r you guys saying it was my water that killed him?? My numbers were on point . But PH was a little low. I change out my water every week. I feed the tang every day 1/4 of a sheet on a clip and he ate it all. I watched him all the time. I moved my Zoa today he still hasn't opened either. I mean if my numbers are good what else can I do but chalk it up to stress. Thanks everyone in advance

Oh scooter blennies are not blennies but dragonets. They need a lot of pods unless yours is eating frozen. It's just weird the tang died so quickly with the change. And that you've only had him 2 weeks

Oh scooter blennies are not blennies but dragonets. They need a lot of pods unless yours is eating frozen. It's just weird the tang died so quickly with the change. And that you've only had him 2 weeks

+1. I was confused because I remember people by there photos and you changed yours :p

2 weeks???
It probably died due to something already wrong or due to how it was captured.

Heck, I try to watch a fish in the store for two weeks before I buy it if possible.

Honestly, if it was a new acquisition for the store, it may have been destined to die regardless. Sadly that is often the reality. :(
You should check with the store and see how long they had the tang prior to your purchasing it.
If I spot a nice fish in the store, I go back every couple of days for a week or so before committing to a purchase. If I miss out on it, oh well, there will be more. ;)

Back
Top Bottom