Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Duncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
A tang isn't going to be stressed out by a powerhead being added. There not being any water movement created a low oxygen environment with CO2 buildup along with a tang being too big of a fish for a 75 gallon tank is what lead to the death.

I'm going to have too +1. With sniper. All the reasons are correct and make sense perfectly.

Also, I never count the return pump in with flow. It doesn't really do much compared to Powerheads and such.
You didn't have any Powerheads in the tank besides the return?

Old 05-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

I did not . Water was moving fine . Why did he last 2 weeks then?? And why is everyone else ok?? If anyone would die it would have been the Blenny . No??

Old 05-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird33 View Post
I did not . Water was moving fine . Why did he last 2 weeks then?? And why is everyone else ok?? If anyone would die it would have been the Blenny . No??

2 weeks is not a long time. It doesn't prove that you can maintain that fish. More so a year proves you are fit to keep the species alive and thriving. Tangs tend to be more finicky. Blennys, clowns and damsels are hardy fish. Not so much with tangs. So no, the blenny wouldn't have died.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Blennys are very sensitive to changes in the water. So as I've read and was told if it was the water he would have died. I've taken from what I've read on here and been told from others and from what I've read is fact... Everyone has there own opinions. Are you shouldn't add a tang into a yr into the hobby??
Old 05-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Are saying* . Sorry
Old 05-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Blennies are definitely a lot hardier than tangs. Not as hardy as clowns or damsels but by no means fragile. Was the tang eating? How many times a day did you feed him? Any greenery in his diet? Only having the fish 2 weeks is very sketchy
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird33 View Post
Blennys are very sensitive to changes in the water. So as I've read and was told if it was the water he would have died. I've taken from what I've read on here and been told from others and from what I've read is fact... Everyone has there own opinions. Are you shouldn't add a tang into a yr into the hobby??

I'm not sure who you were talking too that said Blennies were very sense tube fish, because they aren't. Pretty average beginner fish. Tangs are definitely much more finicky. Any fish is sensitive to changes in the water. Just like humans react when there is something weird in the air. I wouldn't take advice from people who are telling you that Blennies are hard to keep or very sensitive. They aren't as hardy as clowns or damsels, but clowns and damsels are basically the hardiest of the hardiest.

No, I'm not saying you shouldn't own a tang until you are a year into the hobby. I'm saying that you can't say you raised a fish successfully and healthily until you've had the fish for about a year.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Agreed . It's a scooter Blenny if that matters? That's why I'm on here to get everyone's input . I'm a neebie and I want to learn the right way!! So r you guys saying it was my water that killed him?? My numbers were on point . But PH was a little low. I change out my water every week. I feed the tang every day 1/4 of a sheet on a clip and he ate it all. I watched him all the time. I moved my Zoa today he still hasn't opened either. I mean if my numbers are good what else can I do but chalk it up to stress. Thanks everyone in advance
Old 05-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Oh scooter blennies are not blennies but dragonets. They need a lot of pods unless yours is eating frozen. It's just weird the tang died so quickly with the change. And that you've only had him 2 weeks
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribo12 View Post
Oh scooter blennies are not blennies but dragonets. They need a lot of pods unless yours is eating frozen. It's just weird the tang died so quickly with the change. And that you've only had him 2 weeks

+1. I was confused because I remember people by there photos and you changed yours :P

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com