Duncan Coral - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTrash

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to my lfs to get a handful of margarita snails to replace the ones that did not survive my vacation. In a very weak (and uneducated) moment I purchased a duncan coral :whistle: (supposedly easy to keep). Now, however, I've googled it and it doesn't seem that easy, plus there seems to be some special feeding requirements. The only other corals in my tank are some zoas, and all I'm adding/feeding are tank stabilizer, reef booster, and frozen coral food (some mix of different alga)... well, and regular fish food. I think I got the placement of the duncan right, as it opened up fully within a minute of my adjusting the powerhead. Now I just don't know what to feed it. Any help is appreciated!!! :thanks:

Some people feed their ducan every couple of days and others never feed the ducan. It really isn't that much different than the corals you have now. I have a ducan that went from one head to probably a dozen in a year I feed it when I remember before a water change usually so I can keep the nitrates down. As long as it is open it is happy when you feed your fish watch and see if any of the head catch any food I find mine eat just fine that way most of the time.

I don't add any additives to my tank at all. I find with water changes most everything does well for me.

Back
Top Bottom