dwarf Angel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

werd2738

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im thinking of a dwarf Angel for my tank which has a few frags in it and I plan on adding more. Im sure this topic has been brought up again and again but im wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to which would be the least likely to destroy corals?

I realize that its a risk no matter what, its just that every lfs in my area has a strict no return policy on saltwater fish and im willing to take the chance, just hoping to get a group consensus as to the lesser of the evils so to speak.

The four I have my eye on is the rusty, flame, coral beauty, and eibl's Angel. Anyone have any experience or advice?

From what I hear, coral beauties will be the least, however that's classifying the best of the worst...

I think a coral beauty would work I had a flame and he never bothered anything but of course each fish is different.

Are potters difficult to care for? Live aquaria says they are but i know sometimes they say that for one specific reason, such as a copperband being difficult to get to start eating. Wondering what the story is on a potters?

I have had one for at least 3 years now. It has never had an issue. I'm not sure why they would be considered difficult. Tank mates include sailfin tang, Percs, melanoris wrasse, canary wrasse, CBS.

Awesome videos! You got a nice tank! Im gonna prob steer clear of the potters simply for the cost if nothing else. Im too new for a fish that would cost over a hundred bucks! Lol

$100 wow. I cannot recall for certain but mine was between 30-$60, just a little more than a flame or coral beauty. Having said that, if your unsure, do what feels comfortable to you. I've had tanks on/off for 15+ years, I tend get them established, introduce fish/coral, then leave them alone (except for maintenance) for several years.

Yeah the lfs in my area are high on fish. And im really not comfortable buying on line. But truthfully I would rather pay more to buy something I see eat with my own eyes and acting healthy.

Back
Top Bottom