Dying coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo1287

Aquarium Advice Freak
It looks like it ripped in half somehow and it's all fuzzy should it remove this coral or is it natural???

Attachments

• image-2320481976.jpg
    image-2320481976.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 85
I think its a leather, right? Hard to tell from the picture. Softies like that can shed their skin, so to speak. It could be that, or damage. It would slime up if hurt, so check for that. Got anything to eat corals? A stone crab of mine used to eat corals and drag their skeletons into his lair

I removed it from the tank it was in just now and put it in this one cause I was getting worried it left some yellow sediment on the rock it was on on the other tank?

Attachments

• image-2154404923.jpg
    image-2154404923.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 96
My girlfriend said its supposed to be this

Attachments

• image-1512628854.jpg
    image-1512628854.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 88
It definitely doesn't look so hot. How long have you had it? Is it in a high flow area? How about high light? Big softies like that like less flow and medium light.

Well I moved it to a different tank closer to a bulb with better water movement it's about a week and a half old that Ive had it that is

Having just moved it will cause the coral some stress, so you won't see any polyp extension for a little while. Since its a new buy the coral was probably already stressed in your other tank. Best thing to do now is wait. Watch to see if the polyps start to extend in a few days. Signs of stress would be bleaching (turning white), slimey or lots of mucus, or crumblely looking (when parts of it start to die). If the coral is stressed, try moving it to a lower part of the tank, with less flow.

Back
Top Bottom