Dylan's 29 Biocube Reef Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was trying to decide whether to put this in the nano section, but after reading the sticky, AA's definition of a nano is up to 20 gallons. I was originally going to go with a JBJ 28 gallon after all the great things I heard about it's quality, but after seeing a 29 gallon biocube at petco on clearance for 189$, I had to get it. I also had two gift cards so the total came out to around 121$. (SALES TAX WAS LIKE 13$! eeeek) I didn't realize how big it was UNTIL I got it to the car..... It was quite a battle fitting it inside. It finally settled in the passengers side. Lol. The tank is big! I'm impressed with the quality. It's nice. I'll get some pictures up in a little bit. I won't really get to actually set this up until later in the summer, or later. So I'll be absent from this thread, but I promise I'll be back. ;) As of right now the stocking list is of the following,
3 barnacle blennies,
1 percula/ocellaris clown (thought,opinions on both?)
1 purple fire fish
1 starry blenny. I wanted to go with a lawnmower blenny, but after hearing how they might starve if there isn't enough algae, and how like no place sells them, I settled with a starry blenny. Gotta love their tree eyebrows! Plus live aquaria.com sells them, and I'll be buying a lot of my livestock from them. I know what your thinking how mixing blennies isn't a great idea, but the starry blenny and barnacle blenny have different shapes, and a different niche. If there is any aggression I'll be ready to remove the starry blenny.
I'm going to be heavily stocked on corals, only LPS and softies. It's going to be nice!

Pictures are to come! Let me know of what you think.

Last edited:
Awesome! I didn't think you'd be buying it the next day when you were PMing me about it!

My vote is on percula simply because I'm biased and like the coloration better (having the extra black in the markings).

And I told you about the tree eyebrows! Just too irresistable!

Following and looking forward to updates as they come!

iDream said:
Awesome! I didn't think you'd be buying it the next day when you were PMing me about it!

My vote is on percula simply because I'm biased and like the coloration better (having the extra black in the markings).

And I told you about the tree eyebrows! Just too irresistable!

Following and looking forward to updates as they come!

Yeah. There was only one in the store, and I saw a couple people circling it so I snatched it lol. I'm still looking around for a stand. Why are so many sites discontinuing biocubes anyway? Right now BRS seems my best choice.

Like I said in the PMs it almost looks like they're discontinuing the biocubes, whether it be sales or they're releasing a new model sometime. I'm not sure on it but everywhere online is either out or no longer selling the tank or the stand anymore.

But that doesn't matter, it turned out as good luck on your part!

Back
Top Bottom