Easy corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
HI, currently this is my setup

55g tank
30lbs of LR
2 actinic blue 40 watt bulbs
2 10,000k 40 watt bulbs

I have talked to a guy at an LFS. He has been one of the most knowlegable people i have talked to in the hobby. He told me that i could probably keep some easier lower light corals in my tank if i made sure they were high in the water column and close to the lights. Is this true? If so what corals would be good?
THANKS!

First thing is first...how old is your tank? What is the exact setup (pumps, filter, sand, etc.) Is 30lbs of LR all that you have for filtration? Has it finished its cycle? What are you water parameters? Please list as much info about your tank as possible.

I think you need to invest in at least another 30lbs of LR before you add any corals to your tank. Then with your lighting, i'd only put in low light level corals like a Chilli, Gorgonian, or Mushrooms. HTH

Whereabouts is your lfs? I've got some advice on the ones around my area if near it. Also, check out the Regional forums to see what others say about the area lfs.

OK, LR is not my only filtration i also have a fuval 404 and a protein skimmer on the way. My tank is not yet cycled im just trying to plan ahead so i will have all my research done when the time comes. Thanks for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom