Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ebay RO DI Unit Help!

Hello everyone! I just installed my RO DI unit i purchased on ebay (the 59.99 one) and i am getting extreme leaks out of the RO membrane side. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Are the hoses in the connector correctly? Mine were'nt tight when I get it. I believe theres another member with the same issue.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I believe so push in the collet and insert hose until it stops then let go of collet. I have to run a errand quick then i will check. I also sent in a help ticket to purewaterclub.com
Old 07-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have this exact one. i just used teflon tape to fix all my leaks. i stripped the threads out of one but lucky i was able to take it off and use my die grinder and take some material off so i can get some good threads again. plastic is nothing i can heli-coil.

they sell all those quick disconnect fittings and a hardware store, i picked up a few extra and some more tubing. if the fitting leaks from where the tubing is inserted, take it out again and use a flashlight to look at the Oring inside and see if its out of place.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm having my DI section replaced due to cover leaking.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you all for the advice. I am talking to David right now and I hope he is going to square me away. Maybe there was a shipping error in some systems, because mine is doing the same thing Buffy's is doing.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jataft83 View Post
Thank you all for the advice. I am talking to David right now and I hope he is going to square me away. Maybe there was a shipping error in some systems, because mine is doing the same thing Buffy's is doing.

Mine DI section was supposed to be shipped earlier this week, and he said bout 3 or 4 days. So we'll see how it goes. I will let you know. He said that the one he is sending me will not leak. Hopefully I'll be able to take it apart to replace the resin when it's time LOL. I tried unscrewing the cap to rescrew it on and I could not budge it.

Good luck

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

I tried that also. I figure the valve was just loose or something like that. I will update you also if i get it fixed.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

FYI i just fixed it. Went to Lowes and purchased a new elbow fitting. yay no more leaks!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jataft83 View Post
FYI i just fixed it. Went to Lowes and purchased a new elbow fitting. yay no more leaks!

Yay!!!!!!!!, I couldn't fix mine. Np though, they are sending replacement. They were very easy to resolve the issues and very quick to respond.

Tags
unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com