Emergency Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asmodyus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My stand is almost collapsing and So I moved all my contents from the 40B except maybe ten gallons of water and 30lb of sand. I decided to move the water and rocks into a 30 gallon Tupperware container with my 3 damsel and hook up HOB filter run on the temp tank how long can they last in there with out sand?

So it might be a couple days until I get a new stand or a complete new setup depending on how Craigslist will treat me.

what about the sand and the 10 gallons of water in the tank does it need circulation because I could hook up the skimmer pump through tube and just pump water back on to itself in the tank with the sand.

That should be fine, how old is the sand? If its old you could change it out with your new setup. The ten gallons of water I wouldn't worry about just add ten gal of new water and you did your wc.

That should be fine, how old is the sand? If its old you could change it out with your new setup. The ten gallons of water I wouldn't worry about just add ten gal of new water and you did your wc.
the whole tank almost 2 weeks old. I might be transferring to a 65 gallon setup found a whole one with stand tank and canopy for couple bucks same cost for the new stand.

Okay so it looks like I am getting the 65 gallon setup now since its the same foot print as my 40B do I still need to get more sand and live rock I have 30lbs of live sand and 42 to 45 Lbs of live to dry rock all of it less than 2 weeks old. Also I will be probably doing a 10 gallon sump or refugium sump?

Also I take it I will need more flow only have 1 425 nano probably need like what 2 to 3 more or can I get one of those twin head total of 1600 GPH that go different Directions?

Back
Top Bottom