Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what they're called but they MAKE clownfish that the colors are reversed. White with orange stripes. Genetically altered clownfish, what will they think of next lol

My tang already swims backwards, she's a freak lol. Speaking of which I need to see if I can find a tread on building a stand for a 125

Alright i was wondering why the surface of my tank was looking dirty with a film over the water so i checked the skimmer and it is overflowinf back into the tank full of sand covered water lol , i cleaned it and put it back in a matter of seconds it started bubbling even more sand into the skimmer i guess its just breaking in, at least its workn =)

So i was doing something in the kitchen and i looked over and i could not see a thing in my tank it was completely cloudy because my garbage petco powerhead blew all of my sand everywhere leaving a cloudy tank , and a spot with no sand i was sick of that stupid powerhead always falling over plowing everything everywhere!, so i made a DIY out it i wanted to reduce the flow and make it clean up after itself so i took a filterpad that i threw out earlier because its covered in sand (now the new one is covered in sand 2) I cut it into a decent square i put carbon in the middle and strapped it with a rubberband to the output on the powerhead now it has alot less flow and it cleans up after it self and if it falls down again it wont be AS bad as before here's a picture tell me what you think!

Attachments

• cloudy setup 001.jpg
    cloudy setup 001.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 107
I had a prob with my powerheads moving sand around. I've finally got them in place where they're not doing any earth moving lol. I have them on the sides of the back wall about halfway down pointed up an to the middle of the front panel. Good air exchange and circulation while keeping the LS where it should be. Though in a corner tank it seems like everything is that much trickier lol.

The thing is it keeps falling over the suction cups are garbage, hopefully i will get a koralia 750 maybe 2 if im luck i found them at a place for 24 bucks 1050 for 34 bucks if im not mistaken i could get you a link

Back
Top Bottom