Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can use a can if a sump won't work. Its just more maintenance/money when you have to replace the media. Or you could take the media out and run LR rubble. Make it sort of a DIY can lol.HOB fuge is an option.

Carey- a 10 gallon or 20 gallon long won't fit under your 55 ?

Alright i did a parameter test a few mins ago and my nitrite spiked like crazy here it is
Nitrite- 5ppm
nitrite-20ppm
ammonia- 0ppm

Alright i did a parameter test a few mins ago and my nitrite spiked like crazy here it is
Nitrite- 5ppm
nitrite-20ppm
ammonia- 0ppm

Hmm you werent able to find pure ammonia? I think that would go faster. But if youre happy with the shrimp then by all means......:)

lol i was in chat i've been talking 2 him for a while he said he is a biochemical engineer, and that my lvs are good because of the bacteria, and i should do a 20% pwc, get the lvs lower and introduce a shrimp to the tank tell me what you think lol

Well youre using the shrimp instead of ammonia so you should be fine. Alot of people here use the shrimp for their ammonia source.

I'm not sure I'd do a pwc though, your levels are still kinda low and if you put another shrimp in it will take a few days to rot.

let's see what the experts say, I'm sure one will be along shortly lol

Oh. Well I dont know about that. You still have nitrites, even if you pwc they will still come back i would think since you just started. Were you gonna stock shrimp when your done? lol They look kinda creepy to me. hehe

yea i was a pepperment and a cleaner to keep everything in line lol but he told me it is wat i should do and the bacteria is doing its job, and after the shrimp is in there for a week and if he is still good i can add fish

Hmm sounds good but I'd get some more opinions. I wouldnt want to screw up a cycle thats only a week and half in. But it's your tank you can try it if you want. :)
I'd like to see what others have to say on this and what they would do. I'm by no means an expert or even close. lol

im at two weeks and a day! lol but i dont know what to do!!!! he said yea you said maybe,, and i say idk!, lol what do we do

I think you should wait a bit. see what others have to say and if the majority say its a good thing I'd go tomorrow and get one. Thats how I do it, I ask, sort through the answers and pick what the majority says as long as it sounds within reason.

Just looking out for ya! you're my fish buddy. I give the same advice that I would follow as if it were my tank. :)
Good luck i'll check in later and see what the word is.

I agree Cary. I wouldn't put a live shrimp in. I would wait until the trite is at zero. But here again, I am no expert so I'm going off what I've read and learned here

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom