Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh cool. I put 30 pounds of that and 20 pounds of live sand in mine. Can't wait to see it! My lights are on the ups truck out for delivery!!!!!

Alright i went to petco and picked up a api saltwater master test kit
and some aquasafe plus by tetra my parameters are
ph-8.2
ammonia-.25
nitrite-0 undetected
nitrate-.20
are these good what does this mean?
And i didn't use ro/di water on my tank could i just add the aquasafe to my main right now?

for like 10 days
but the tank ran for 2 years before i took it down
and no ammonia supplements have been added at all

Because if you never saw an ammonia spike, you wouldn't see nitrites, which wouldn't lead to nitrates, the beneficial bacterias that consume the ammonia. So, essentially if you didn't see these your tank isn't cycled. Is what is trying to be said I believe.

Because if you never saw an ammonia spike, you wouldn't see nitrites, which wouldn't lead to nitrates, the beneficial bacterias that consume the ammonia. So, essentially if you didn't see these your tank isn't cycled. Is what is trying to be said I believe.

the thing is i saw the nitrites a few days ago with no nitrates, my strips didnt have an ammonia tester i have live rock from before in there 2

Yeah that's where I was heading with this. When my tank was cycling I had nitrites before ammonia but I used tap water and I'm sure I was picking up the elements in that! If your not in a rush I would ensure a cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I am trying to take it slow but im confused... i dont want to rush thing AT ALL
i wana make sure i do it right lol

Well again, I'm no pro but I just don't know why your water would be reading that unless it hasn't really cycled. Hopefully someone with knowledge of this will chime in!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

lol right we must alert the authorities!!!!!!
SCREAM REALLY LOUD UNTIL THEY COME AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
lol didnt work

Btw i was looking at the big al's website because of the add at the top of the page they got hydor korlias for 35 bucks... the 1050 one

You might be getting false nitrate readings. Keep checking for a while just to be sure. When I was cycling my tank I would get nitrate readings in the first few days. Someone explained about false nitrates from API test kits. This might explain your nitrate readings..

You might be getting false nitrate readings. Keep checking for a while just to be sure. When I was cycling my tank I would get nitrate readings in the first few days. Someone explained about false nitrates from API test kits. This might explain your nitrate readings..
ok

Back
Top Bottom