Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They say add the rock first because if you add the sand first the rock is sitting on top of the sand. Any burrowing creature could cause your whole aquascape tumbling and possibly break your tank.

Just make sure it'll be away from the glass and try not to create "dead spots" (areas with virtually no flow) because detrius and other stuff will collect there and will give you high nitrates. Have fun!!

@ Ballin, I'm not sure! I have about 100 pounds of rock to work with so I'm just going to try and put a ledge I have the perfect rock for it. From there lots of tunnels and nooks for the fish and future corals :D

XxVooDooxX said:
@ Ballin, I'm not sure! I have about 100 pounds of rock to work with so I'm just going to try and put a ledge I have the perfect rock for it. From there lots of tunnels and nooks for the fish and future corals :D

Yea I went into it with a similar "plan" lol. I ended up going with a 2 island type idea. Similar to the pic, which is NOT my tank, though I wish it was lol

Attachments

• images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 212
So attempt to faired much much better
i stacked rocks to my hearts contempt its stable has plenty of arches but the thing is i cant SEE IT i stacked like 80% of it seeing with my hands so until it clears up it will be a mystery

I have that skimmer. It will take a few weeks to get rid of the bubbles

i had this skimmer forever a family friend gave it to me for free same with the tank and light, even after it breaks in though it still leaves bubles in the water any way to diffuse or popthem before they get into the water?

Carey, did you have to make an adjustment to the output or did the bubbles just stop on their own ?

Back
Top Bottom