Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also bought the skimmer case with mine. It keeps the bubbles out. check on aquacave. they have it. It was $28.99 I think.

The bubbles eventually stopped on their own. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot as far as adjusting the resevoir up and down. got some really nasty foam today. Yuck! lol

Ahh the slipway itself may be your problem. I ran a small HOB filter on my tank to try and seed a smaller tank and it made a lot of bubbles and salt creep. Though if carey has the same setup and her bubbles have stopped maybe the answer is something else.

Well a skimmer uses air either from a venturi or a spray and uses the "microbubbles" to attach to detritus and biological waste and then rises into the collector cup but the problem is (my guess) the bubbles that are collecting the waste are somehow making it threw the internals of the skimmer into the display

I have an HOB I put some aquarium sponge at the bottom of the outlet pipe. Cut a circle in three layers of sponge and took apart the skimmer, placed the sponge at the bottom, slid the pipe back down and the bubbles were no more in a day

You might also try raising the water level in the tank ? It seems like a long fall for the returning water and that would certainly cause some bubbles.

You might also try raising the water level in the tank ? It seems like a long fall for the returning water and that would certainly cause some bubbles.

that is true i have more bubbles now then before but i like to have my tank as CRYSTAL clear as possible like everyone else lol

From what I can see I like it. It should clear up in a few hours, then you can really see what your minds eye has created lol

You play?? That's sick my team just got a valken sponsorship so I'm gonna be rockin a valken one this year.

Back
Top Bottom